Best Cadiz golf courses within the province
Are you interested to travel Cadiz to play on one of the incredible golf courses that the province has? In this blog post we will be talking about which are the best Cadiz golf courses areas within the province. There are many golf courses areas in Cadiz province. The most known areas are in Sancti Petri within Chiclana de la Frontera, in Sotogrande within the Campo de Gibraltar, near Vejer de la Frontera and, finally, around Jerez de la Frontera.
Sancti Petri golf courses
- Real Novo Sancti Petri, with 36 holes, was the first golf course in Spain designed by the legendary Severiano Ballesteros. It has holes to adapt to all levels, from professional players to amateurs.
- Spanish professional Golfer Manuel Piñero designed the following golf course in Sancti Petri, Sancti Petri Hills Golf. It is smaller than the previous one, 18 holes, but it also has a lovely bar-restaurant to relax in.
Sotogrande golf courses
- The Reserva de Sotogrande Golf Course is an 18-hole championship course designed by the architect Cabell B. Robinson. This place has a school where the professional Manuel Piñero-Sanchez and his team work. It has gorgeous views throughout the golf course.
Sotogrande’s newest golf course is quickly becoming an icon and is the preferred host of very famous events such as the European Tour NH Collection Open or La Reserva Sotogrande Invitational, hosted by Annika Sörenstam. From the 16th to the 19th of May, 2019, La Reserva Club was proud to host a four-day Ladies European Tour event, featuring 126 professional players competing for the top spot.
- The Real Club of Golf Sotogrande is one of the masterpieces of Robert Trent Jones who chose this course as one of his five favourites from more than 500 courses he designed worldwide. It is a fascinating course for players of any level which retains all the natural beauty of the land on which it was built only 150 metres from the Mediterranean. It is considered one of the best courses in Europe and among the 100 best in the world.
The course has a par of 72 and measures 6.492 metres. You can see the quality of the course by knowing which champions played here before. Among others there are Severiano Ballesteros, Jose María Olazabal, Roberto de Vicenzo, Sergio García, Padraig Harrington or Rory McIlroy.
- Robert Trent Jones also designed Valderrama Golf Course in Sotogrande. This golf course in Sotogrande hosted the Ryder Cup 97, World Golf Championships – American Express Championship 1999-2000 and Volvo Masters until the 2008 edition. Valderrama was considered continental Europe’s number one course on numerous occasions.
Montenmedio golf course in Vejer de la Frontera
The Montenmedio Golf Course (6.260 meters, 18 holes and par 72) is different from all other Spanish courses. Not a single building affects its fairways and Greens. Forests of wild olive, cork oak and pine trees surrounds this golf course. It has impressive views of the Atlantic, of white towns such as Vejer de la Frontera, Benalup and Medina Sidonia, and also of the African coast of Tangiers and Espartel.
Playing its 18 holes is always fun and surprising: deer, rabbits, ducks and other animals accompany the player along this gentle round. The club house has a neoclassic Andalusian style with Asian influences and subtle furnishings style and offers excellent golf services. As Severiano Ballesteros said in an edition of the OKI Tour, “Montenmedio is one of the golf courses that no golfer should miss”.
Jerez de la Frontera golf courses
If you are flying to Jerez de la Frontera and do not want to leave Jerez, this golf course is just outside of Jerez. Stirling & Martin (Global Golf Company) designed Sherry Golf Jerez. It is an accessible course for amateurs and demanding for professionals (6572 meters and Par 72).
Private tours in Cadiz province
My name is Carlos and I have a tour agency based in Vejer de la Frontera, Explore la Tierra. I focus on doing private culinary tours, cultural and hiking tours within Cadiz province. Please, read below what type of activities I do. I am certain you may want to join some of them!
Cadiz province is home of one of the most known international wines, the famous sherry wine. I do private sherry and Andalusian wine tastings throughout Cadiz province. Join our culinary and cultural tours where we go and visit the famous white towns of Cadiz. You will learn about the traditional bluefin tuna fishing method, almadraba, or visit a local olive press, almazara. I look forward to showing you the incredibly diverse gastronomy and traditions that the province has to offer.
In these private guided hiking tours in Cadiz province I offer incredible hikes in La Breña, El Estrecho and Los Alcornocales natural parks. You will learn about local traditions and about the culinary, medicinal and gastronomical use of the Mediterranean plants. I worked in the environmental and conservation fields in Canada, UK and Spain for over 5 years and know many of the species in the area.
Cadiz province is one of the most biodiverse provinces in mainland Spain. Habitats range from dense forest reminiscent of cloud forest to Mediterranean forest, dune systems, and more. Moreover, enjoy the majestic views of Cadiz and the Strait of Gibraltar. Cadiz has the highest % of protected habitat in Andalusia, while its climate and sunlight hours are similar to Canary Islands. I look forward to showing you this incredibly diverse province in the most southern point of mainland Spain.
There are many other things to do if you are coming to any of these Cadiz golf courses. If you want to join me in any of these tours, please do not hesitate to visit my website and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.