What should you expect in this private hiking tour Los Alcornocales natural park in Cadiz?
Welcome to Cadiz in Costa de la Luz, Andalusia. My name is Carlos and I worked in the environmental and conservation field in Canada, UK and Spain for 5 years. This full day private hiking tour Los Alcornocales natural park is within Cadiz province.
If you want to do half a day private hiking tour in Los Alcornocales, please click here. If you want to do a coastal hike in El Estrecho natural park, please click here. Both tours are around 3 hour hike with moderate difficulty.
Cadiz province is one of the most biodiverse provinces in mainland Spain. It may be because we are at the southern most point of western Europe, only 14km from Africa. Habitats range from dense forest reminiscent of cloud forest to Mediterranean forest, dune systems, and more. Moreover, Cadiz has over a third of its surface protected, while its climate/sunlight hours are similar to Canary Islands. Los Alcornocales natural park is the only park in mainland Europe where you hike within a subtropical forest, Laurisilva forest. Los Alcornocales also has the largest cork oak forest in Spain, and we will go hiking to the heart of this natural park.
In this guided nature tour in Los Alcornocales we will discover more about Cadiz, its nature, gastronomy and traditions. We will learn about the culinary, medicinal and traditional use of Mediterranean plants, found internationally, while taking in incredible views. In this hike you will also learn about the local fauna, and the socioeconomic benefits that nature provides to the local people. Finally, we will taste an extensive traditional food tasting such as cheese, game meat, local wine, local rice, and more.
Private hiking tour in Los Alcornocales natural park
Who will guide you in this guided hike in Cadiz province?
Your guides will pick you up at your hotel or city where you are staying. Your guides will be me, Carlos, and Manuel, both professional hiking guides. We have both decided to join forces and bring the best and most authentic experience to you in this tour.
Manuel is a local guide who knows the best of Los Alcornocales natural park and the people. He knows almost everyone who owns private lands and has the most pristine habitats in these parks, to be able to enjoy a unique full experience. Meanwhile, I will be translating and using my professional environmental knowledge of the local fauna and flora.
What is included in this private hiking tour in Cadiz province?
- 2 knowledgable professional guides. One guide is a local sport guide and the other one is an environmental technician.
- Pick-up and return back home at the end of the day.
- Local Andalusian breakfast
- Visit to the information centre of los Alcornocales
- Hike through private "fincas" to see pristine habitats and cork oak trees. Here we will explain about the cork extraction.
- Private local food tasting with local wines
- Hike to an incredible viewpoint where we will enjoy views all the way to Gibraltar and to Cadiz city (opposite directions)
- Tea/coffee on top of the mountain to see the sunset with wonderful surrounding views
- Evening hike down to our vehicle, when mammals and nocturnal birds are more active.
Frequently Asked Questions about this private guided nature tour in Cadiz province
Follow our adventures!